Someone Needs You
When you become an UPMC Altoona Volunteer, your greatest rewards come from the heart. You feel the squeeze of a comforted hand. You see the smile of a healing neighbor. You bring a message of joy to someone feeling alone. That's why more than 500 folks volunteer each year. Their pay is a sense of peace, fulfillment and completeness.
Are you ready for such a heartfelt reward?
Joining a team
All we ask is a few hours a week from our volunteers. But many do more because the work is so fulfilling. You become part of a close-knit team of neighbors of all ages - from 14 to 94 - and may choose from three separate programs.
Using your talents
There are many volunteer opportunities available. Assignments are based on individual interests, skills and current needs of UPMC Altoona. Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend positions are available.
We will provide you with:
Choosing Your Position
Our volunteers comfort our patients, help our caregivers and contribute behind the scenes to the overall quality of care at UPMC Altoona. Here are some available positions that may teach you new skills and broaden your experience:
All we expect you to do is:
- Customer Service Dept.
- Altoona Family Physicians
- Emergency Department
- Eucharistic Minister
- File Clerk
- Gift Shop Volunteer
- Greeter Services
- Information Desk Receptionist
- Medical Staff Clerical Assistant
- Nursing Unit Volunteer
- Office Assistant/Clerical
- Outpatient Laboratory Receptionist
- Patient Visitor
- Waiting Room Receptionist
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
- Be punctual and reliable in attendance
- Volunteer at least a few hours a week
- Sign in and out
- Report absences to your supervisor
- Maintain hospital and patient confidentiality
- Bring us your suggestions and problems
- Complete the online volunteer application form
- Submit two confidential references using one of the options below:
- Paper Referral: Download PDF and ask two references to either mail or fax the form directly to UPMC Altoona.
- Online Referral: Send link to two individuals giving them instructions to select UPMC Altoona.
To find out more about how you can become part of this exceptional organization, please call Volunteer Services at (814)889-2151 or E-mail us email@example.com